car·pet·bag·ger : Pronunciation: -"ba-g&r . Function: noun. Etymology: from their carrying all their belongings in carpetbags - car·pet·bag·gery

: OUTSIDER; especially : a nonresident or new resident who meddles in politics (merriam webster online)

Saturday, May 26, 2007

New Jersey

How is Jersey? Is it good to be back? No it sucks. When is Jersey ever good. I was throwing an old couch down the stairs when I hit a family heirloom framed pastel of my paternal grandfather. The glass broke and the picture ripped. My mother busily swept it up while I sat there feeling sad. Later we determined that the thing to do was to take it to our local framer and see if it couldn't be fixed. As I gingerly carried the drawing into the shop and my mother lugged the broken frame, it fast became apparent that the man in the shop was a bush voting for tacky polo shirt wearing dick. The conversation developed badly into a screaming fit with him shouting that no one can un-rip a rip and that if I could find someone who could fix the tear, he would like to meet him. I then was forced to ask him what he thought art historians did in the course of restoration of old works. Did he think that Michelangelo's 's art comes to us today perfectly preserved, and indeed if he would like to meet the woman who fixes tears, I'd be happy to introduce him to an art preservationist.

Jersey sucks because there are people like him running free, and although you find them everywhere they bother me more here, because tis is where I'm from. Somehow it claims me and I kind of have to claim it back.

The trees are really big though they manage to rock the suburbs and bike riding and swimming, walking, running, eating lunch specials seeing movies- are all kind of sedate but fun still.

come and vist me one and all, I'll take you bowling...

No comments: