car·pet·bag·ger : Pronunciation: -"ba-g&r . Function: noun. Etymology: from their carrying all their belongings in carpetbags - car·pet·bag·gery

: OUTSIDER; especially : a nonresident or new resident who meddles in politics (merriam webster online)

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Atlanta

What am I doing here? A cousin of mine who I haven't seen in a long time got married this weekend. So I came down south to see her do it. I also decided to couchsurf while I was down here and lucked out staying with a really cool guy. Tonight we went to a comedy improv night at a place called Dad's Garage. The highlight was this make believe nurse (potentially drunk) deciding whether or not to take the blood of this gay man, based on whether or not he had had sex with a man since 1976 and whether or not he had been to chad Cameroon Niger or Nigeria in the last 12 months...something was so true and hilarious about but I guess I can't explain what. I have also gotten to catch up with my "super cute" ( new slang that I have just learned) little cousins who are 4 and 7, they are amazing, plus a whole wonderful slew of other relations. I have also patronised the famous Atlanta breakfasterie The Flying Biscuit. I recommend it for a grand southern feed.

No comments: