car·pet·bag·ger : Pronunciation: -"ba-g&r . Function: noun. Etymology: from their carrying all their belongings in carpetbags - car·pet·bag·gery

: OUTSIDER; especially : a nonresident or new resident who meddles in politics (merriam webster online)

Friday, June 22, 2007

Why leave the house at all

In the technology saturated land which is these great states, I have noticed that there is little need left to ever leave the house. Everything you need will come to you. As I listen to the birds waking up, a morning ritual that I've loved since my meditation days, its 4am and I'm contemplating going to sleep just before it becomes light. I want to somehow trick my body into respecting the rules of nature, rather than making up its own precepts. It wants to create new codes, based on dive bars and buses that don't come, roof top parties and dares to talk to someone who doesn't know someone you know. I definitely have a desire to leave the house often and I do, yet I've noticed how those who don't can get on. We can do business on line: make money from home, order groceries for delivery, books, movies, every commodity comes through the net or mail or phone, people have sex without touching all the time, meet dates, and friends, whole social networks exist remotely. When did we become this afraid of fresh air?

No comments: